In the Heart of the Sea
- I'm sorry, I don't understand: is the screenshots should be be moved to discussion page until the USA DVD release? Pyramid Silent (talk) 09:40, 24 January 2016 (EST)
- Ok, I shall do it. Pyramid Silent (talk) 09:52, 24 January 2016 (EST)
- Is it OK now? Pyramid Silent (talk) 09:55, 24 January 2016 (EST)
- I'm sorry, I have another question: I also have another licensed DVD with Russian film "The Territory (Territoriya)". I don't know: will this movie licensed in USA on DVD or not or not. I still not watch this film, so I don't know, contain it firearms or not. If it contains the guns, should I create it with screenshots on main page? Pyramid Silent (talk) 10:09, 24 January 2016 (EST)
- Is it OK now? Pyramid Silent (talk) 09:55, 24 January 2016 (EST)
- Ok, I shall do it. Pyramid Silent (talk) 09:52, 24 January 2016 (EST)
- Wouldn't have blamed ya - Ignoring several months of those requests to follow what IS stated in the RSP and then coming off with that? Eh, whatever though, guess we'll see if his tune changes in April. StanTheMan (talk) 13:47, 29 January 2016 (EST)
- Funny thing is he seems to have used more proper filename syntax in other screencaps - Don't get what his problem is now. He also up and removed most of a talk page before (I remember reverting it back). Like I said, some people, man.. How lucky that you get to deal with them, heh. StanTheMan (talk) 17:09, 29 January 2016 (EST)
Hello, Funkychinaman! I'm so sorry for my mistake - adding wrongly category. Also, I have onr question: my new page cantain a few section with tanks, so, I don't understand: what is the tanks a Challenger and what is Chieftain. Pyramid Silent (talk) 11:18, 5 February 2016 (EST)
- I complited this page in Sandbox. Please, may you tell me, what is wrong. Pyramid Silent (talk) 15:13, 8 February 2016 (EST)
Yeah, sorry about that. I mainly grabbed them from my Steam Pics folder so I didn't get around to renaming them. Thanks for the heads up, though. By the way, file names aside, how did I do with the page?--SeanWolf (talk) 00:06, 26 February 2016 (EST)
007 Agent Under Fire
Would like to help re-build the 007 Agent Under Fire page, I have the original Xbox version of the game and can help bring some much higher resolution images and hopefully better descriptions. It may take me some time to build the page back up as I will have to replay the game all the way through in between my full time job.
Followup questions for you
Hi! Thanks for responding to me! I have a few followup questions: 1) Do you play games much? If so, do you play scifi shooters as well as shooters with realistic guns? Or are you generally drawn to games with more authentic firearms? 2) How much does the increasingly weird weaponry of Call of Duty games harm your enjoyment? Is it like a minor annoyance, or does it make it much harder to get into the game? THANKS!
Cuestion regarding one of the movie's title.
Hi, i wanted to create a page about the new movie that came out about heists starring Luis Tosar and i already got the screenshots but i dont know if the title should be in English traducted or original language.. The movie is called "100 Años De Perdón" or 100 Years of Forgiveness. --Death Shadow20 (talk) 15:20, 4 April 2016 (EDT)
Commando Black Ops?
Most people saying that is an Colt 933, or an Colt 733 (M4 Commando). Also some said that "Firstly, as far as I know there is no such thing as a Model 733 with a flat top, that is just a Model 933. What do you think the difference is? The gun in the game isn't a Model 933 or a 733 though, as regardless of the different design of rail, it also has a slickside upper receiver without a FA or BD. The closest match I can come up with would be a GAU-5A/A with a flash hider rather than the moderator (which was actually done) with a fictional/custom upper with a sight rail. --commando552". He said it in the link. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Talk:Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops#Commando_in_Black_Ops. I'm am trying to figure it out what the gun really is. --Treliazz777 (talk) 22:23, 15 April 2016 (EDT)
Need help twice
Check my page
Digital Copy on iTunes.-protoAuthor 11:13, 27 May 2016 (EDT)
Issue with a user's screencap uploads/changes
I shall add this links to this screenshots in my sandbox tommorow (at the present time, in my place is night, so, I can continue this only at the next day). Sorry for uplouds a lot of unlinked screenshots: I complited only 13 episodes of 25. Some of the guns are clearly ID (walther p38, MP5, AKS74U and other). Next time I complite sandbox for 13 episodes. Pyramid Silent (talk) 17:26, 26 June 2016 (EDT)
- I complited 13 episodes at the sandbox and ID some guns: User:Pyramid Silent/Sandbox 2. Pyramid Silent (talk) 06:09, 27 June 2016 (EDT)
Regarding Subpages and Independent Releases
I've discovered recently that my old Photos subpage I thought was deleted years ago is still intact. Though I never really valued it that much it was a nice surprise to see it after all those years and it also got me thinking on subpages - could I do one about firearms in my own short films?.. Also regarding that - as I'm filming an independent feature film for years and don't know yet what kind of release we would have I wanted to ask whether some feature independent films released on the web (YouTube) could have their own pages? There are quite a lot of films distributed through YouTube nowadays, which also had some limited theatrical run or showings. I'm hoping to do a primary example of such - Ashens and the Quest for the Gamechild in the near future. While I'm sure about the latter one (it has more or less studio-grade production and a lot of famous names attached), I felt the need to ask about those movies which were made independently on little to no budget. Considering that IMFDB covered examples like Razor Blade Smile, I think it will be just to cover some independent films of digital age, as well. --Kloga (talk) 17:46, 26 June 2016 (EDT)
- Okay, thanks, I'll consult about web releases individually. Also, I remember there was a page for 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, was it deleted? I'm planning to do pages for 1987 animated series (as Japanese company was heavily involved in the creation of the first season, it had a animesque realistic approach to firearms which was surprisingly more or less carried through the series) and 1988 RoboCop animated series, both being, in my opinion, some of the finest representations of firearms in western animation. --Kloga (talk) 19:17, 26 June 2016 (EDT)
- A norm for the 1980's which stuck through the 90's and to this day was to draw firearms as some kind of lasers. That doesn't stop creators of RoboCop series to draw his signature Auto-9, as well as some other firearms such as Heckler & Koch P9S virtually the same as in real life. TMNT series as well smuggled some firearms, especially in the first season, even with fired rounds and good sound effects. I'll provide some detailed examples from both series when I'll get to that. --Kloga (talk) 20:45, 26 June 2016 (EDT)
Just wanted to ask to wait at least a few minutes before editing article I created if work is obviously in progress - I'm a bit slow, yes, but you've changed one word in the article three minutes later and I've lost a fully stable variant of the article with four photographs and fixed stats as a result. It will take additional 8-10 minutes to finish the article and re-do it. :( --Kloga (talk) 21:38, 13 July 2016 (EDT)
- Also, there is a standalone variant named TOZ-8M, currently not seen anywhere. Should I place the photograph of it in the main article, or I can make a section for it, in case it turns up somewhere? --Kloga (talk) 21:42, 13 July 2016 (EDT)
- Thanks for answering. I have another question, it's off-topic, but since I've started the discussion, I'll probably ask here - as LAPD 2019 Blaster from Blade Runner doesn't have it's own page as a fictional firearm can I do one? It doesn't have its own page despite appearing in one movie, four videogames (three of which are already covered here and one I plan to cover as well) and re-produced numerous times as a replica. Also there are tons of unused information about it on discussion page that will look just fine, if separate page on the gun will be created. --Kloga (talk) 22:50, 13 July 2016 (EDT)
Steyr Mannlicher Model SL
Regarding Steyr Mannlicher Model SL - in fact it is more of a full working gun modified beyond belief. Blaster is basically a sawn-off rifle fitted with lots of additional details and, more importantly, instantly recognizable shape and fully intact Steyr markings. I haven't added Blaster as an appearance of Charter Arms Bulldog, though, because this indeed, was only a part. --Kloga (talk) 10:05, 14 July 2016 (EDT)
- The fact that a few non-substantial details were taken from Charter Arms Bulldog is a recent discovery and they are barely seen in the construction. I will not argue further but at least don't delete Model SL from Steyr Mannlicher page - if someone will stumble upon this in the movie, it will be useful for identification. --Kloga (talk) 10:49, 14 July 2016 (EDT)
Just had an idea, I think, we can put to a great use.
What do you think about this? A little bit clumsy and bulky but otherwise may have a good potential. The website is growing larger and larger (20,000 articles+) and such a simple thing can not only be useful for readers (to consult), newcomers (to check) and distinguished users like me (who just can't put information like that anywhere else), but also, potentially, have much more order on Talk and Disambiguation pages. Putting re-directs for sub-sections for further ease of checking and voilà: a lot of preserved time and, more importantly, nerves. --Kloga (talk) 20:24, 15 July 2016 (EDT)
- I believe in that idea, so I will still consult further after a few improvements. Eligibility requirements have their issues to be fair. I'm not in position to judge and I'm not doing that, but it took me a while to understand why exactly Sherlock Holmes Baffled was deleted while The Great Train Robbery has a page (and to be fair, the latter is still a short film, though is a notable exception). Another example is The 6th Day which only has one firearm and it is a fictional one (it has a direct fire role, though). Keep in mind, I was puzzled by both of these recently and I'm on this website since 2010 and I re-read guidelines and rules occasionally, just in case. Also sometimes I don't remember were there any firearms in the movie or not, so it takes an additional (nearly full!) re-watch like I did for The Caller (1987) and Andrei Rublev (which was absentee from Andrei Tarkovsky's movies so I've decided to check as he tends to have at least one firearm per film). A page like this, if casually updated by numerous users, can save a lot of time for other users as well - have doubts, check the list (no firearms - problem solved). P.S. A few examples of titles which were considered non-eligible for whatever reasons on my memory. I'm sure each IMFDB user has at least a few deleted/moved/aborted articles of that kind and, as I'm still sad about each of the deleted article I've seen through years. --Kloga (talk) 21:37, 15 July 2016 (EDT)
I did a disambiguation page for M*A*S*H and I'll probably do one for Treasure Island as well - we have at least two adaptations. I remember another one being here, with Michael Halsey, but it seems it was deleted for whatever reason (probably for only having flintlocks, which is kind of inevitable considering the setting and was considered eligible in later, better written articles). --Kloga (talk) 21:41, 15 July 2016 (EDT)
A Few Style Guide Questions
Thanks for correcting. I'm not insisting on adding brackets to an actor's name on his or her actor page - as you may have noticed, I do that only for image descriptions as it's the quicker way to have name in bold on such a page and I just thought that in bold it looks nicer. As for the redirects - I haven't found anything on doing that for actor pages - do you mean re-directs in general? I've discovered how to do them rather recently and usually go for a slightly idiosyncratic way - I firstly name the page with a re-direct title and then correct it to the normal one. Is it okay?
Also I've noticed that Style Guide says "Actors need to be in control of a particular weapon to receive an entry. This would exclude actors grappling for a weapon, or holding up a weapon in a plastic bag." The rule is probably about a common scene seen in procedurals with policemen and/or forensics holding a gun in a plastic bag, so exceptions like actually handling the gun in a bag are allowed (Mr. Brooks comes to mind) but I still wonder if Mikhail Krug's page is okay considering that rule. Despite a plastic bag he is clearly holding a PM himself (as he orders the murder) and, as it's his only screen appearance of that type, I hope it can stay. --Kloga (talk) 22:54, 20 July 2016 (EDT)
- That's exactly the type of a scene I was talking about as seen in nearly every episode of nearly every police procedural ever. I have another question, which is slightly off-topic: are you using this nickname elsewhere? There are a DeviantArt, a Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube accounts which use "Funkchinaman" for a name and I just wonder are any of these people you. --Kloga (talk) 23:13, 20 July 2016 (EDT)
Is it a bit too early for it to have a page on it's own? Teaser trailer released at Comic Con has lots of firearms. Check out the draft in my sandbox. Any help with identification is also appreciated. --Kloga (talk) 16:15, 26 July 2016 (EDT)
- Okay, thanks, I'll move it to it's own page. I'm working on a few more sandbox things, I'll wrote on them when I 'll be ready. --Kloga (talk) 18:37, 26 July 2016 (EDT)
- This way much more people will join in to identify the firearms, I hope. Therefore, at the time of actual release in September we will already have one large scene with some of firearms covered. Moreover, I doubt we will get cleaner shots on those in the series, as well. --Kloga (talk) 19:29, 26 July 2016 (EDT)
So here it is. Is it eligible? Considering Team Fortress 2 is, that is probably on the same level. Also, I'm puzzled how they were able to smuggle a HK416D which is commercially available since 2005 in a 2003 game. That's probably the reason why it have slightly more images then needed for it. --Kloga (talk) 20:42, 26 July 2016 (EDT)
Help to ID firearms in two movies
- I'm sorry, I have another request: may you check my new page: The Hidden Blade? Pyramid Silent (talk) 12:38, 13 August 2016 (EDT)
Article Battlefield 3 for a long time not been updated. I decided to add new screens. User AnActualAK47 began to disturb me in this. Suddenly he began to edit the page and add your screenshots. Please, you forbade him. I want to finish this article because I have prepared all the screens on the disk. Please for intervention. To stop the edit page. Page tagged WIP to make it known that I'm editing her. How do I delete a tag WIP will mean that the article is finished. --Emto_PL (talk) 16:16, 31 August 2016 (EDT)
About the movie Community
Soon and thank you for the info, it helps me in the future and sometimes the screenshots get a little blurry for me, so it's gonna take a little time to get the screenshots. -- I'mallaboutguns.1 (talk)
Hello, Funkychinaman! I'm sorry, I have question: how do you think, is the ID in page Mercenary correct now? I uploads two more shots of first machine gun. Pyramid Silent (talk) 14:08, 25 September 2016 (EDT)
RE: So that's where that ended up
Check my new page
Hello, Funkychinaman! I'm sorry, I have some request: may you check ID of bolt action rifle (at firstly IDed as Chassepot) in my new page When the Last Sword Is Drawn? Thanks! Pyramid Silent (talk) 14:29, 21 October 2016 (EDT)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- For each weapon to make annotations in this style?
=Handguns= ==Weapons 1== ===Weapons 1 in cod remastered=== ==Weapons 2== ===Weapons 2 in cod remastered===
Or do a separate article on the end of a page in this style?
=CoD4= ==handguns== ===weapons 1=== ===weapons 2=== ==SMG== ===weapons 1=== ===weapons 2=== (...) =CoD Remaster= ==handguns== ===weapons 1=== ===weapons 2=== ==SMG== ===weapons 1=== ===weapons 2===
- I take to make screenshots.--Emto_PL (talk) 13:13, 4 November 2016 (EDT)
Hi. The page is no longer protected, hope it's okay with you. (?) There are some real guns in the game, let's just hope the future contributors will know where to draw the line. bozitojugg3rn4ut (talk) 12:28, 29 November 2016 (EST)
A Christmas Story
Yeah, I kind of realized that after I wrote it. Thanks for saving me having to watch it again to see if "Bart's gang" may have been toting S&W Model 10s or anything else! Cheers. --Mike Searson (talk) 18:25, 2 December 2016 (EST)
Sorry for annoying but...
I buyed Far Cry 4 yesterday and I seen Chinese writings on the Skorpion. Since I dont known chinese can I ask you help for translation? (hoping doesnt offend you) I m trying to do a good job here... so can ask you when I see Chinese writings (regarding this site, of course). Sorry for annoying... --Dannyguns (talk) 05:30, 4 December 2016 (EST) Ok, well I think the image is already on site, just nobody noted chinese writings, sorry but I wrongly assumed you can speak Chinese since your profile state that you were born in Taiwan. Maybe somebody else can help me ( and maybe taught me ). So again sorry for annoying,--Dannyguns (talk) 11:28, 4 December 2016 (EST)
Some question of rare gun in movie
Hello Funkychinaman! I'm sorry, I have some question: I know, that pages about media, that contain only tanegashima matchlock are ineligible. But, the movie Azumi also contain very rare, but realy historical exist Japanese matchlock revolver 1, 2, 3, like this. So, may I upload screenshots on discussion page to view it for Administrators.
- I created the stub on discussion page: Talk:Azumi. May you visit it for it discussion about it's eligibility, please. Pyramid Silent (talk) 03:17, 17 January 2017 (EST)
RE: Firearms used by Chinese Armed Forces
Well 1) PLA is in a lot of media recently (BF series, Passion leads Army,Project Reality, and a lot of movies) 2)Historical pourpose (and in case of a reunification) 3)I promise that I will end in less than a month. (If I got blank check of course) --Dannyguns (talk) 09:54, 21 January 2017 (EST) So can I make it?
- How many movies with PLA-used weapons have entries on this wiki anyway? I feel that "List of firearms used by" pages are useful trivia at least and a handy way to tell if a firearm in a piece of media is anachronistic or doesn't belong in the hands of a fictional depiction of a country's armed forces. --Mazryonh (talk) 17:59, 21 January 2017 (EST)
Um I seen few but I m more expert on videogames,but isnt my fault is these page are messed up (French and German),or overcomplete (US,Russia and UK). But would be my fault if I would create it and dont finish.--Dannyguns (talk) 07:40, 22 January 2017 (EST)
- Not to butt in but I'd like to lend my piece here - I don't agree with having such pages, in fact I daresay the existing ones we have are a bit much already. I don't really recall how they came about but the point is, while they could be useful trivia I feel they lean too much towards being a gun encyclopedia, which is, as expressly stated, not the point of the site. StanTheMan (talk) 20:15, 22 January 2017 (EST)
- Joke all you wish but there's still a marked difference. Yes they're police in the strictest sense, but the distinction here IS jurisdiction - They're 'police' only for the armed forces; NCIS only investigates crimes pertaining to Navy personnel. That said, the page notes firearms used by CGIS, Army CID, and, indeed, Military Police and Security Police (for the Air Force) as well. I grant it's perhaps rather persnickety I'm spending time trying to make a point of this, especially since as I said before, I question the point of such a page on the whole, but again, the bottom line is NCIS is part of the military and is NOT the same as any other police agency in this particular regard, end of. StanTheMan (talk) 16:55, 24 January 2017 (EST)
The joke was because I ask at Funkychinaman the honor of delete them, but if I need to line..
Yep Europeans like me, are too formal
RE: David Belle
Yep, here at 0:14 and 1:31; he also uses another pistol at 1:01 that I didn't identify yet. And this is the evidence regarding the film entry that you also removed. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 10:14, 20 February 2017 (EST)
Some question about holstered revolvers in movie
Hello, Funkychinaman! I'm sorry, I have some question: I know, that pages, than contain only one firearm don't qualify if this gun is seen only in holster. But, the movie The Power of Fear (Vedma) contain note one, but two different revolvers (Sheriff's Taurus Model 689 and 2nd deputy sheriff's unknown revolver). Both were never dran from holsters. So, may this page be eligebly, due it's contain not one, but two different guns? The prooved screenshots can be seen on disscussion page: disscussion page. Movie page on imdb.
Hi,Funkychinaman!Look,I'd like to create a page for the romanian film Reconstitution(1960) by Virgil Calotescu.The problem is,I can't find the right genre for it.I mean,the film is about the famous 1959 National Bank robbery(in Bucharest), and it's like a documentary(it features the actual robbers in the main roles)....but it isn't really a documentary,it's more like a propaganda film.So,I don't know what to do.Please give me some advice.
Hello,again!Listen,I just finished the page,but I miswrote the title:Reconstitution(Reconstituirea),The.Could you ,please,corect it for me?Also,I could use some help with the Unidentied handguns.Thanks,--VLAD M (talk) 15:11, 15 April 2017 (EDT)
The Son AMC series
Greetings Sir, I apologize if this is the wrong forum, just wanted to say thank you for editing the entry I added, I am very new to this medium and can use all the help I can get. Much appreciated!
RE: The Son AMC series
thanks for the reply; i am working on screencaps and formatting, have just been saving changes as i go along in order not to lose anything (old habit from working in visual studio). -tim
thank you for the heads up on the full screen caps! -tim
Hello there, as you can see from my user page I am an avid Syphon Filter fanatic and am attempting to collect the list of weapons used in each game to make pages. I will however need some help identifying the weapons and to that end I have tried numerous times to log into the forums to make a thread about this but am unable to do so. Could you please assist me with this? Thank you and much appreciated. -Ft763
Hello, While I am acutely aware of the need for screenshots here, there is a major problem with Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow... it is virtually impossible to screencap images from a PS Vita. Do we have anybody here who can emulate the system on a computer or something? Because I don't see any other alternative but to screenshot pictures from Youtube. -Ft763
Can you have someone fix the front page please?
Can you check this out? Is it fine to use (non-watermarked, obviously) screenshots from personal YouTube videos? At first I thought it was inappropriate, considering that things like amount of money are the same. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 08:34, 25 June 2017 (EDT)
Main page talk
So sorry, this is the second page I resurrect without even knowing. I really had no idea, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I just took care of those works in progress, I'm finished with those articles. Thanks for the heads up.--Ssantusky (talk) 21:24, 4 October 2017 (EDT)
Short on DVD
It's true that it probably not worth it on DVD, only 22 minutes is. I am rather surprised by what is written in rules about the causes of why not short films. And those reasons do not match, except the part, where say: distribution by the youtube or stream is unacceptable.--Pandolfini (talk) 17:35, 25 November 2017 (EST)
RE: Aspect ratio
Yeah I know, although I was trying to make a compromise since there are some 16:9 screencaps as well, and I was thinking to have all of them in 550px so that there aren't many differences in terms of screencap widths on the same page. Otherwise, we'll have some in 500px and others in 600px, do you prefer it that way? --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 06:25, 8 December 2017 (EST)
A problem with image abuse
I got the following abuse from Carbinesfrcollector.com on my email:
"Reine Smith<[email protected]>
You need to remove the picture of the Llama as it is a copyrighted image from carbinesforcollectors.com I will file suit if you do not.and have your site removed.
RK Smith Carbinesfrcollector.com"
I guess that the source of the problem image is this page: Llamapage. Llama XVIII image looks the same as on their site but maybe some other images are also taken from Carbinesfrcollector. My English isn't good enough to discuss the problem. What should we do?
I also made a topic on Admin forum.
"Out on video?"
Well the thing is, It's name "Vulcan Minigun" must have come from a certain weapon or weapons. So I did some researching and found a weapon that bears similar characteristics. In this case, the drum magazine attached to the bottom of the M61 Vulcan. And it's drum magazine does look a bit similar to the drum used by the in-game minigun. Also, that's how Overkill named this weapon. So that's what got my attention. The fact that this weapon is based off of the GEM134 and has a fictional device that looks similar to a non-fictional device used by another armament.--Gunnerboy (talk) 19:25, 2 February 2018 (EST)
- Modern Warfare 2 had a habit of referring to M134s as "Vulcan" mini guns as well, you can't really just go off of that name. You could mention that the drum magazine is similar to that used on some of the M61 variants, but the weapon in game is quite clearly supposed to be a hand-held M134. Also, according to the Payday wiki, it's name in the files is "m134".--AgentGumby (talk) 20:01, 2 February 2018 (EST)
I got lazy on a few of the weapons and just took an in-dev render and pasted it on. Also a few of the weapons aren't ID'd yet. Maybe I should've changed that to Construction, if that is more appropriate. --Wuzh (talk) 07:49, 24 February 2018 (EST)
I have been wishing to make an entire page on Fortnite since it is currently a very popular game. The older page was deleted by reason of no content, so may I try to put it back up? --DraconicSalad (talk) 16:04, 30 March 2018 (EDT)
Thank you for the opportunity! If it is any problem, should the page for Save the World and Battle Royale be different, or should I make categories for both modes? At least on Wikipedia it is shown as a standalone spin-off, but I think separating the two could be somewhat confusing. --DraconicSalad (talk) 18:00, 30 March 2018 (EDT)
Ya, most of them are easily indentifiable aside from looking cartoonish. The Supressed Pistol seems to be based on a FN FNP/FNX-45 with a supressor and a Tirijicon RMR. The only weapon I seem to be struggling with seems to be the Revolver, since it looks old, but features multiple things from different old era revolvers and is double-action.
The game has both modes present when you open it (althrough unless you pay only one of them is, so I'll probably treat it similar to Call of Duty and it's Zombies mode). I'll be uploading and writing most of the things through this weekend and post it all at once when it's done.
The Wolf Warriors 2 SG-43
"I thought the SG-43 was mocked up as the M240 because the heat sheild,the heat sheild was made crude."
Difference between WIP and Incomplete
Usage of Upcoming Banner for Squad
Hey man, noticed you asked about "hasn't this been out for a while now?" regarding the status of Squad's release.
However, I'm still not awfully sure what's IMFDB stand on when a game is released. In the Escape from Tarkov page, it has the WIP banner, and I assume it's because it's currently in Closed Beta and it cannot be considered as "released" fully yet. However, for Squad, it is on Steam yes, but it is still in Open Alpha and is still far from full release. In this case, may I clarify what "released" means on this site? It is the moment it is available for purchase and play (aka Escape from Tarkov, which arguably is), or is it the moment it leaves beta and becomes a full build?
- Cheers man, yea I was actually referring to the Upcoming banner but I mixed it up with the WIP one. I don't think I'll be adding anything more though, the description says it's in development and the info box says it was only released in Early Access in Dec 2015. --OngYingGao (talk) 07:46, 19 July 2018 (EDT)
- Hi, I just noticed that you marked my page for Super Scribblenauts for deletion. I was just wondering your reasons for it minus the cartoony art style.
Hi, is it alright if I edit the Battlefield 1918 page real quick? I noticed the captions for the pictures of the Lenticolare grenade are wrong and I was wondering if I can fix it real quick. Thanks. Vintage Guns (talk)
Hi, Funkychinaman, I hope you're doing well. I wanted to reach out and ask you a quick question. I know you recently unlocked the Battlefield 1918 page and I was wondering if you can block it again, delete the page, or delete my account. What started off to fix a simple typo turned into an obsession and I have the spent the last few days editing it and I'm unable to feel a sense of completion no matter how many times I improve it. If you can do something that will prevent me from having access to it that'll be great and give me a peace of mind. Thanks and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Vintage Guns (talk)
Hi and thanks for the block. I know it may seem strange but I really appreciate it and it's very helpful. I think it's time I take a long break from IMFDB and best of luck with everything. Vintage Guns (talk)
I would argue the Knight's Armament Revolver Rifle is a more accurate description and the Ruger Super Redhawk was the basis of the rifle. According to the discussion page the director John Badham had read about the rifle in Soldier of Fortune magazine and requested that the armorer make a mock-up of the rifle. The page for the rifle has Miguel Ferrer using it in Another Stakeout. Any ideas? Tell you what look at what I added to Miguel's page. How's that for a compromise? --Jcordell (talk) 15:12, 25 November 2018 (EST)--Jcordell (talk) 15:12, 25 November 2018 (EST)
- It was built around the Ruger Super Redhawk. Personally I always questioned the need for such a design. It seemed like a solution looking for a problem, but there it is. --Jcordell (talk) 15:28, 25 November 2018 (EST)
- Okay then. I rolled back your edit without even thinking at first and realized that I'm far too old to be engaging in Internet silliness. I figured you were onto something and felt that just adding the extra info was better than having two administrators bickering.--Jcordell (talk) 15:31, 25 November 2018 (EST)
- Well that worked, but for some reason I tried to change my email address and got told the administrator banned my email address--Mandolin (talk) 17:54, 27 November 2018 (EST)
This guy's been taking a lot of liberties on the site lately, including so far as to more-or-less on his own decide to at some point conduct a massive site-wide addition of a template of every page with 'the' at the start and wholesale moving a whole subcategory of firearms on the site. Frankly this is rubbing me the wrong way - not so much doing it but that he's doing these big edits without giving any leave for those of you who run things to even address any of this. Bah, well, there it is, bringing it to your (and a few others) attention. StanTheMan (talk) 23:02, 12 December 2018 (EST)
Hi, I wish to update on the situation. Me and StanTheMan have directly messaged each other and have settled the conflict. I apologize over my rashness at executing my proposals without proper discussions first and will to change my behavior in the future. The situation should be settled for now. --Wuzh (talk) 23:59, 12 December 2018 (EST)
Re: Image Tags
Stick grenade page
I'm planning to merge all the German stick grenades into one page, any idea how to make all the old Model 15/16/17/24/43 pages redirect to the general "stieldhandganate" page? Also, will merging them all into one page (or, more accurately, I'm making a new page) going to break all the links so I have to fix several hundred of them?--Mandolin (talk) 12:24, 19 January 2019 (EST)
- Figured it was a good idea, stick all the related grenades on one page like the M16 and AK series--Mandolin (talk) 20:55, 19 January 2019 (EST)
- Also, zero idea how to do redirects--Mandolin (talk) 20:55, 19 January 2019 (EST)
Tin Star (TV series)
Hi, I created a page for the Sky Atlantic series Tin Star a few years back, but didnt have access to footage of decent enough quality to provide screenshots and therefore the page was deleted. I saved the wikitext and there is now a second season out, and I have access to episodes to make screenshots. Would you consider allowing the page to be recreated? Thanks - PeterGeorgeR 21:32 GMT 17 February 2019
Unlocking Battlefield: 1918
I have a few tweaks I wish to make on the locked page Battlefield: 1918. I am aware that the page was originally locked because of a user's wishes to stop obsessive edits; since the user is no longer on the site, can this page be unlocked?--Wuzh (talk) 17:44, 4 April 2019 (EDT)
RE: Double Action:Boogalo
It is complete all the weapons in game are already there with their information, someone else put "in-complete" on it for i dont know what reason
I'm in Lancaster County, good to see most people on here are just various flavors of PA people. --PaperCake 17:02, 5 May 2019 (EST)
A little Problem with an Account.
I've been blocked because my IP was recently in use by GrasylG, this is an account I created to get this account here back. Can you delete the account GrasylG and lift the ban? --Grasyl (talk) 20:15, 31 May 2019 (EDT)
Archer Season 4
The Guns used by border patrol agents are based on the standard issue Ruger GP100 which was carried before the swap to semi autos. It is a clear resemblance and the character states it is a ruger.
Fallout: New Vegas
The .357 is based off a 3 screw model ruger vaquero and not a colt saa. Stock picture shows 2 screws but models were made with 3 screws.
RE: Forum Request
Belko Experiment screenshots
The DVD release date
Hello, Funkychinaman! Excuse me, I have some question: as far, as I know, the movies, that still note release on DVD in the USA should be templated as "NowShowing". But, I couldn't found any information obout USA realease of the movie Witches in the Woods. It's not USA, but a Canadian movie, and the "www.dvdsreleasedates.com" hadn't any information about this movie. So, what I should doing - templated the page as "NowShowing" or uploads screenshots from Russian DVD release? Pyramid Silent (talk) 11:37, 10 November 2019 (EST)
- Also, I had found numerous images of DVD covers for this fim, so, it's possible, that English DVD release are exist at least, in several countries. Pyramid Silent (talk) 15:29, 11 November 2019 (EST)
- Hello, again. Excuse me, I have another question: as this movie hadn't depicted on "www.dvdsreleasedates.com", is it possible to find information about it's DVD release, after it will be? Pyramid Silent (talk) 17:32, 20 December 2019 (EST)
Requesting a page move
Star Wars: Rogue One needs to be moved to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I cannot move the page because there is already a redirect occupying the destination.--Wuzh (talk) 14:46, 23 November 2019 (EST)
Yes it is a "wiki". But interference in the structure of the site should not be. Change of description. Correction of errors. Of course. But adding screenshots of weapons (premium: only differs in color). It should not be on the page. This is not a Wiki related to the game, but shows the weapon as it is. Also, since I've been working on this game since its release, I added all screenshots. The author of these new changes should at least ask if I am still working on the site. A different situation like I would say a few months did nothing to her. It has such a right. But not in this situation. Put yourself in my position. All my contribution to this site has been modified. --Emto_PL (talk) 13:32, 28 January 2020 (EST)
Request to Unlock Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
I would like to request for the page Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to be unlocked for edits. There has been a lot of new information that were discovered since the last administrator edit on the page, as the talk page can show. The history of this page does not provide a reason for why the page was locked in the first place, and as it is, it would be much more beneficial for the page to be unlocked, allowing us normal users to contribute to the page with new information. --Wuzh (talk) 08:39, 5 May 2020 (EDT)
- Thank you for unlocking the page. We will contribute to the page in a constructive manner. --Wuzh (talk) 12:04, 5 May 2020 (EDT)
Re: WIP to complete
I changed most of abandoned WIP pages to incomplete. The ones that I supposed to be complete are Nude Bomb, The, Dr. Mabuse The Gambler, and Lonely Are the Brave that all look fairly complete. But you are right, it would be safer to mark them as incomplete. Thanks! --Greg-Z (talk) 10:12, 12 May 2020 (EDT)
Well i think the game is ok the graphics are just enough to differentiate between guns. G36 SCAR-L HK MP5colt canada c7a2 Here are a few examples which will hopefully convince you that Unturned is worthy of inclusion ;and well ill leave the final decision to the admins
Bringing back the Killer7 page.
Hi, Killer7 has been available on PC since 2018 and I would like to bring back the page with a WIP tag. I am not the original creator, but I do have access to the game's PC version along with the ability to take relevant screenshots from the game, and would like to finally give that classic arthouse game a complete IMFDB page this time around. Can this be done or is there going to be a problem? --Mazryonh (talk) 20:39, 18 October 2020 (EDT)
- Would you prefer that I make a draft on the Killer7 talk page first before transferring the contents over to the actual wiki page? There are a number of hard-to-identify guns in the game that I would like input from the community on. --Mazryonh (talk) 12:18, 19 October 2020 (EDT)
Phasing out the "SVD-M" name
Hello administrator. I am planning to fully phase out the name "SVD-M" from this wiki and replace the name with alternative names and descriptors that are more accurate to reality, and would like to seek your final approval on my plans.
The name "SVD-M" is currently being used on IMFDB to describe a particular setup of the SVD sniper rifle with synthetic furniture, which first appeared in the 1990s/2000s. However, there is no evidence that this name is an official Russian designation, no evidence that it was commonly used in western sources, and this name is also highly similar to the official name of another SVD variant known as the SVDM which was revealed in 2018. The name "SVD-M" is thus unreflective of reality (it is not official, nor is it commonly used), and also too easily confused with another different variant. Since IMFDB ultimately aims to provide accurate and reliable information to its viewers, it is better if the name is fully phased out across the wiki and replaced with more accurate descriptions like "SVD with synthetic furniture" or "post-1990s SVD".
Mission Impossible 1988/1989
The IP blocks are hitting Cloudflare IPs, which is the proxy service that hosts all of our images, and inadvertently blocking other users (when they randomly get assigned the same IP by Cloudflare) from editing. Going forward we can block accounts, but not IPs. --bunni (talk) 21:47, 5 September 2022 (UTC)