|Join our Discord!|
|If you have been locked out of your account you can request a password reset here.|
Colt Lightning Carbine
The Colt Lightning Carbine (also called the Colt Lightning Rifle; not to be confused with the Colt Lightning revolver) was a slide-action or pump-action rifle manufactured by Colt from 1884 to 1904, and was originally chambered in .44-40 WCF. Colt eventually made the Lightning Rifle in three different frame sizes to accommodate a wide range of cartridges, from .22 Short and .38-40 WCF to .50-95 Express. Its profile somewhat resembles the pump-action rimfire rifles made by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company and Remington Arms. The Colt Lightning Carbine saw use as a sporting arm in America and was adopted for use by the San Francisco Police Department, but was never as popular or as reliable as the various lever-action rifles of its day.
(1884 - 1904)
- Type: Rifle
- Caliber(s): .22 LR, .32-20 WCF, .38-40 WCF, .44-40 WCF, .38-56 WCF, .50-95 Express
- Barrel length(s): 26 in (66 cm)
- Capacity: fixed tubular magazine; capacity varied based on caliber and length
- Fire Modes: Slide-Action/Pump-Action
The Colt Lightning Carbine can be seen used in the following films and television shows:
|For a Few Dollars More||Col. Mortimer||1965|
|Show Title||Actor||Character||Note / Episode||Air Date|
|Gilligan's Island||Bob Denver||Gilligan||nickel finish, in wall-mounted gun rack / "The Sound of Quacking" (S01E07)||1964|
- Colt's Manufacturing Company - A list of all firearms manufactured by Colt.