|Join our Discord!|
|If you have been locked out of your account you can request a password reset here.|
Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban. After that you should also read the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide to familiarize yourself with the image and formatting requirements for pages you create.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
Now, HAPPY EDITING! bunni (talk) 00:36, 24 September 2019 (EDT)
Hello there. I noticed that you identified the Alpha AK in Sandstorm as MDC Project Alpha AK. However, when I was checking what MDC Project Alpha AK is about, I don't think that the in-game Alpha AK is from the MDC considering the "Alpha AK" is an umbrella term of modified AK configured & used by Russian Alpha Group, while the in-game gun model has markings "PATENTED U.S.A. MADE" on the dust cover & "Model AK-104-A CAL 7.62x39" on the receiver. Also, the gun image of it was taken by Vickers himself when he was visiting Russia to meet Russian Alpha Group operators which can be checked here. AgentHotel (talk) 09:50, 17 February 2020 (EST)
Please don't add gun images unless they are needed for actual pages. This is Internet Movie Firearms Database, not a base for all firearms of the world. Lists of firearms are only auxiliary materials and not the goal of the site. Thanks. --Greg-Z (talk) 02:53, 24 April 2020 (EDT)
World of Guns: Gun Disassembly
Hey, I see that you've been working on World of Guns: Gun Disassembly; I also have this game (and the unlock all guns DLC), though currently I'm busy with the Firearms Source project. If you need any extra help with the page just give me a holler. --Wuzh (talk) 06:46, 15 June 2020 (EDT)
- Oh, that's great, since I almost made all the free weapons that I had. --Pustelga7 (talk) 15 June 2020
One more thing, you shouldn’t put links to the WoG talk page for the gun pages. You should always link to main pages and not talk pages. You should complete as much of the WoG page as possible, move the draft to main, and then put links on the gun pages.--Wuzh (talk) 21:44, 23 June 2020 (EDT)
Replacing existing gun images
Please stop replacing existing gun images. The only reason to do so can be replacing really poor or obviously incorrect image. --Greg-Z (talk) 03:34, 13 October 2020 (EDT)
You added the incomplete tag to Reef Break. Actually that page is complete. The series only ran one season and every gun from each episode is listed. MoviePropMaster2008 (talk) 04:18, 23 December 2020 (EST)
- I thought so because of the short description, for example "Various characters use...". If this was originally intended, then I apologize --Pustelga7 (talk) 23 December 2020
RE: User sandbox
As far as I know, there's no particular limit as long as it's only on your sandbox page. Although ideally, if you're gonna add a lot of weapon sections in it, I suppose it's best for the limit (of screenshots per weapon) to be approximately the same as the regular media pages, to avoid taking up too much server space. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 15:28, 8 February 2021 (EST)
I notice that you recently claimed the PM in Tarkov is modeled off an airsoft gun, and were confused when someone reverted it; generally, if you want to make a claim like that, you should provide some evidence/reasoning. What about the in-game Makarov makes it look more like an airsoft gun than a real one? I mean, it has modeled internals and everything. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 13:13, 14 March 2021 (EDT)
- Ok, my bad. Information about the validity of the identification of the gun was taken from the official Russian Tarkov forum. I leave all the links here. I will also add notes about this to the Tarkov page. Thanks
- P.S. I'm not sure if it is possible to leave a link to a specific message, but just in case, the necessary message at the end of the page. Pustelga7 (talk) 07:39, 15 March 2021 (EDT)
Hunting Weapons Pack AR-15
It is a Herring MSR, the predecessor to the ARES/FightLite SCR, a more civilian-oriented AR-15 variant.--AgentGumby (talk) 12:32, 15 April 2021 (EDT)
The Walking Dead Season 11
What's the IG of the stuntman? I'mallaboutguns.1 (talk) 04:20, 27 July 2021 (EDT)
- I don't remember exactly whose account it was, but I still have an image in one of the social networks. I'll add this to the Season 11 discussion. Pustelga7 (talk) 13:34, 27 July 2021 (EDT)
- I found the IG of the stuntman, could you give me the link to the post where he confirms the gun? ig: https://www.instagram.com/hondo.meraz/ Insert name here (talk) 14:45, 29 July 2021 (EDT)
Hi, just letting you know, I left a comment here regarding an image that you uploaded. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 09:48, 8 October 2021 (EDT)
Re: Screenshot tag for promo photos
Well, the problem is that we have no special category for promo images. Behind the Scenes Image category is different, it contains the images of the filming, or of the film armorers with guns and so on. So I generally tag all promos as screenshots, in the absence of a more suitable. Maybe it would make sense to create a separate category for this case but this issue need a broad discussion, not a strong-willed decision of one person, even an administrator. If the vote would be to add such category, I see no problem to re-tag these ones. As for now, OK, I may just leave promos uncategorised, it's not a problem. Anyway, categorising of each and every image on out site (which I think is necessary to keep things in order) will take a veeeery long time. :) --Greg-Z (talk) 12:14, 24 December 2021 (EST)
- I think this is a useful and necessary category, but it will take a lot of effort to find all the previously uploaded promo photos. Pustelga7 (talk) 12:40, 24 December 2021 (EST)
Moon Knight - Please crop your screenshots
Please crop your screenshots of the black bars before uploading. --Ben41 (talk) 20:47, 19 January 2022 (EST)
- I didn't do it just because these are screenshots from the trailer, which will be replaced by actual screenshots from the series anyway. Pustelga7 (talk) 03:14, 20 January 2022 (EST)
Hello! Excuse me, I have some question: is the nessessary to remove & delete this two images of MP38? Yes, both images isn't a good quality, but, the remains one show only one side of the gun. I guess, that at least one image, that show another side of the gun is nessessary, as the gun, that appeared in the media may be seen only from those side. Pyramid Silent (talk) 16:07, 27 January 2022 (EST)
- Yes, I decided to do a little cleaning of unnecessary images, which have accumulated quite a lot (photos with different mods, etc.). Based on other pages, I can say that the situation with two images from different sides is not common and therefore I think this is not necessary. But if you want to leave it, fine, let's leave it. Pustelga7 (talk) 16:34, 27 January 2022 (EST)
I ask you to suspend the marking of gun images for deletion. We need to consider each case. Even if an image isn't used on any page, it still may be useful for the purpose of identifying. Thanks for understanding.--Greg-Z (talk) 10:40, 29 January 2022 (EST)
Re: Flintlock Pistol ID
As far as I can see, the lighter gun doesn't match any real gun, depicting only a general view of a flintlock pistol. Something similar to this one. --Greg-Z (talk) 10:37, 13 February 2022 (EST)
You made a mess on the site. If you already edit something, sort everything alphabetically. For example. Why did you change the name for (Bergmann MP18 / I) Previously I had it done to MP18 / I Bergman which is also correct, considering the rest of the weapon names on the site. Why did you remove the direct redirect to the given model? In some cases, it redirects to the main page instead of the weapon model, which is wrong. Here is one example. Enlisted # Dyakonov_Grenade_Launcher. Mosin in this case has no reference. Please make changes wisely. How do you change the name of a given weapon. Then sort it alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help with the site.
An example of a bad redirection is M2 carbine. If you click on the link, you will be redirected to the main page instead of the Model M2. please fix it.
M2 Carbine It is like this. M2 Carbine it was like that.
--Emto_PL (talk) 05:38, 21 February 2022 (EST)
- I used those designations that are considered common for the site (for example, carcano m91). As for m2, this is the problem of a broken redirect: after adding m2a1, the title of this section was not changed. You don't need to specify such a detailed link, like MP40#MP40|MP40, a simple model name is enough. I'll double-check the links and arrange them alphabetically later. Pustelga7 (talk) 06:11, 21 February 2022 (EST)
Black Widow deleted
These deleted scenes were included on the Blu-ray release. --Ben41 (talk) 00:49, 25 February 2022 (EST)
It is important to list what episode and episode numbers that these screenshots originate from. Please do NOT revise these. --Ben41 (talk) 12:37, 13 April 2022 (EDT)
- This is not necessary if the weapon appears in only one episode, which is ALREADY indicated in the description. Pustelga7 (talk) 12:57, 13 April 2022 (EDT)
"How to move the page without creating a redirect?"
Regarding your question: alas, it's impossible. The checkbox "Leave a redirect behind" is available only to admins. For other users, the redirect is left automatically. --Greg-Z (talk) 14:39, 24 May 2022 (EDT)
Please refrain from adding single sentence descriptions for actor pages. --Ben41 (talk) 15:36, 24 June 2022 (EDT)
Thank you for moving that page!
Thank you for moving the Sidolowka page! --Dannyguns (talk) 15:36, 27 October 2022 (UTC)
RE: H3VR Spoilers
Yeah, it's still a spoiler - the specific weapon being added isn't mentioned in the day's patch notes, since it's set up as an advent calendar; some people can't play it every day/early in the day, so seeing it beforehand kinda spoils the surprise. Plus, Word of Dev says that they're spoilers - official boards for the game specifically prohibit posting the guns added that week without proper spoiler-tags, so I'd figure we should stick to the same standard. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 19:36, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
The Terminal List
Nice pics of the guns from the show. Where did these come from? -MT2008 (talk) 02:09, 4 January 2023 (UTC)
- Hi. Well, there. is a 4-part article by The Warrior Solution.
Pustelga7 (talk) 12:33, 4 January 2023 (UTC)
- Interesting, thanks for the link. Some good pics. I do have to point out that I'm not sure that the pics that they posted are accurate, though. Reece's HK416 and BCM Recce-14 carbines from the show do not have the correct stocks that they had in the show - his BCM had a standard Gunfighter Mod 0 stock (the pic you posted shows it with a Mod 1 stock), while the HK416 in the show was fitted with a prototype BCM stock that hasn't been released yet (Gary Tuers told me on IG that it will probably be called the SOPMOD Mod 2 when it comes out). Also: The pic of the Noveske N4 CQB, besides having incorrect accessories (e.g., an Aimpoint CompM4 instead of a CompM4S), looks photoshopped. -MT2008 (talk) 23:46, 16 January 2023 (UTC)
Hi. Where did you find this image? I ask because I found the same image in this blog, which states that it is an airsoft version. In fact, I found images of a similar receiver here; it also has Coharie markings while using an airsoft Viper Tech HK416 as a base. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 22:45, 30 March 2023 (UTC)
- Hi, yes I took this photo from a Japanese blog and I assume that it can be an airsoft weapon (the red muzzle hints at this). However this is the only image of a short-barreled CA-415 that I could find, so we can probably use it for comparison, albeit with a correct type of the gun. Pustelga7 (talk) 22:59, 30 March 2023 (UTC)
- Yes, maybe we could show it for comparison, but while mentioning that it is an airsoft replica. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 23:10, 30 March 2023 (UTC)
S.W.A.T Season 6
When do you’ll think the S.W.A.T Season 6 Article be updated with the new episode--DJBrimstorm (talk) 21:18, 4 April 2023 (UTC)
- I have no idea, and what's more I've never watched this show, even though I edit these pages quite often. Pustelga7 (talk) 21:23, 4 April 2023 (UTC)
But do you think another user will update the article?--DJBrimstorm (talk) 16:29, 9 April 2023 (UTC)
- @DJBrimstorm you might want to ask this user; he is the one who's been majorly working on it. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 17:40, 9 April 2023 (UTC)
@Ultimate94Ninja I tried to talk to him but he’s not answering his talk page.--DJBrimstorm (talk) 23:54, 9 April 2023 (UTC)
Sources for upcoming Tarkov guns
Noticed you listed some guns like FNX-45T, PLK, GLOCK 21, SIX12, some kind of unidentified unspecified bullpup AKs, RPL-20 and the AK Evo on Tarkov page.
Plus this image : https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/801926953292398685/1110693555590156408/800px-EFT_1911_dev.png.
Just for curiosity, which are the sources? Devlogs, podcast, etc?
--Dannyguns (talk) 22:33, 23 May 2023 (UTC)
- Hello. Yes, like you said, most of the guns on the list came from podcasts/Q&As. Such modern Russian weapons as RPL-20, AK EVO or PPK-20 were first actively published by the BSG instagram account during the "Army 2021" event and then were confirmed by Nikita (either on a podcast or Q&A). I try to keep this list as actual and accurate as possible.
Pustelga7 (talk) 07:26, 24 May 2023 (UTC)
Oh sorry if I ask again, forgot, which podcasts (esp the ones with FNX,SIX12,Glock,PLK)? This instagram account? https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/801926953292398685/1110878127997075496/image.png --Dannyguns (talk) 10:36, 24 May 2023 (UTC)
- Yeah, this is a right account. The Glock 21 was confirmed by Nikita simply as a "Glock .45 acp" (besides, a G21 magazine is present in a game already). PLK, AMB-17, SR1, AK EVO, RPL-20 and PPK-20 were demonstrated in the Kalashnikov Concern video with EFT developers (now the video has been removed as well as whole channel). Yes, I was wrong in the previous post, it was not the "Army 2021" event. FNX was shown in the same instagram account at the developers office as an example for creating a 3D model (source). Six12 was mentioned indirectly in some very old Q&A. Pustelga7 (talk) 14:23, 24 May 2023 (UTC)
I see, do you recall on which streams or podcasts were the SIX12 and Glock 45 ACP mentioned in? better yet if you know at which time of the video he mentions it, and regarding the deleted account and the deleted instagram video with the PLK, PPK-20, RPL-20 and AK EVO, do you have it saved somewhere maybe or have screenshots of these mentioned guns from it, or are you going off memory and do you just remember that they were in the video without actually having it currently? Sorry for all bother, just trying to get the guns in talk page some source for documenting them.--Dannyguns (talk) 19:17, 24 May 2023 (UTC)
Wait, ig is better if the user that was interested talk to you directly, as he have more questions. Do you have a Discord or a Steam so he can contact you?--Dannyguns (talk) 19:40, 24 May 2023 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay, you can message me on Discord Khalid Kashmiri#3053 if you still have any questions. Pustelga7 (talk) 15:32, 25 May 2023 (UTC)
Trying to adding you didn't work. Mine is dannygrom#1738.--Dannyguns (talk) 18:44, 25 May 2023 (UTC)