Talk:Sa vz. 61 Skorpion
What's with the SA? This is a Samopal Vzor 1961 submachine gun, commonly shortened to Vz.61, made by Česká Zbrojovka Uhersky Brod, usually known as CZ. Nothing in the name ought to be abbreviated as SA except concievably Samopal, and that not in English. Surely this article ought to be called "CZ Vz.61 Skorpion"
Submachine Gun vs. Machine Pistol
A machine pistol is a type of submachine gun. Why is this even an issue? BurtReynoldsMoustache 18:27, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
Vz.61 or Vz 61?
Which is correct? - Mr. Wolf 10:12, 25 May 2011 (CDT)
- I think it's a Mr / Mr. thing, both are but the dot is more formal. Evil Tim 10:16, 25 May 2011 (CDT)
Was this weapon ever referred to as an "M61" in any official form? The reason I ask is that I read part of a (sadly misinformed) critic's article on Pulp Fiction, which referred to the MAC-10 in that film as a "Czech M61 submachine gun", and the Skorpion was the closest thing I can think of that fits the name. MrOshimida27 20:09, 6 August 2011 (CDT)
- well the Skorpion is called "Vz .61", so there might be version of the Skorpion called "M61" but I'm not really sure. - Mr. Wolf 02:01, 7 August 2011 (CDT)
- "Vz" stands for "Vzor" which means "Model". So they basically meant "Model 61" with "M61". - bozitojugg3rn4ut 03:47, 7 August 2011 (CDT)
- Right. ;) - Mr. Wolf 14:38, 7 August 2011 (CDT)
If this page covers all the different variants, should it be renamed? Doesn't vz. 61 only describe the .32 ACP model? --Funkychinaman 16:42, 29 December 2011 (CST)
- Well, the correct name would be something like "CZ Skorpion series" or similar. (Or just get rid of the "Sa." part. I speak Czech, but I have no idea why is it there. Obviously it stands for "samopal" (English: automatic weapon), but that was never part of the Skorpions' designation. Tho, I am afraid the renaming the page now would mess up all the redirects. If someone renames the page, he will have to correct the links/redirects too, and that is not a 2 minute job... --bozitojugg3rn4ut 16:55, 29 December 2011 (CST)
- Just noticed that someone else was also protesting against the "Sa." part in the name. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 16:57, 29 December 2011 (CST)
Scorpion EVO 3
Is the CZ "SCORPION EVO 3" actually a variant of/based on the Vz. 61, or is it just named similarly? Krakydak 14:32, 24 May 2012 (CDT)
- The EVO 3 is an evolution of the Vz 61. Basically they took what they had learned from 50 years of user feedback and changed the design to better serve their customers.Rockwolf66 00:18, 25 May 2012 (CDT)
Unknown Skorpion model
In the game "The Secret World", I barely managed to catch a glimpse of a Skorpion. I could not identify it at the time. I'm pretty sure there is only one model in the game. On a side note, why isn't there a page for the game mentioned before? Thanks. Barrett50
CZ SCORPION EVO 3 question?
I been looking all over but yet haven't found information on when the CZ SCORPION EVO 3 was first designed, produced and then adopted by Czech Armed Forces, doea anyone have info on this? Z008MJ (talk) 19:24, 6 December 2012 (EST)
Vz. 82/83 ?
What's the difference between the Sa. Vz. 82 and Sa. Vz. 83 Skorpion?