Talk:Top Shot - Season 4
(S04E01) "Sweating Bullets"
(S04E02) "In the Trenches"
(S04E03) "Shotgun Showdown"
(S04E04) "Crossbow Crossfire"
(S04E05) "Swing Into Action"
(S04E06) "Blast from the Past"
(S04E07) "Trick Shot Shoot Off"
(S04E08) "The Mad Minute"
(S04E09) "The Longest Shot"
(S04E10) "SWAT Throwdown"
I will be updating this page as episodes air. --Zackmann08 22:54, 14 February 2012 (CST)
That's not a vaquero pictured on the page, that's a Ruger Single Six in 32 HR mag. They are a lot smaller.--James3 08:28, 15 February 2012 (CST)
- Thanks man. I got the image from the Ruger Vaquero page which is why I thought it was correct. It has been corrected on both pages. Thanks again. --Zackmann08 10:54, 15 February 2012 (CST)
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS***
Not sure what model it is but they show a Milkor MGL not sure if it is a MGL Mk 1L or a MGL Mk 1S. I also saw either a Browning M1919 or a Browning M3 and a BAR. They are bringing out some firepower this season!!! --Charon68 21:29, 15 February 2012 (CST)
- It was the shortened variant of the Mk 1L made for SOCOM, the Mark 14. MG was an M1919A4, there was also an FN F2000, Accuracy international AX and a Sig pistol, probably a P220 from the size of the barrel. --commando552 04:12, 16 February 2012 (CST)
Did anyone else notice that they switched to a different gun at the nomination range?? I will be uploading pictures soon. Probably tomorrow. --Zackmann08 22:31, 21 February 2012 (CST)
- It's a 1911 of some sort, obviously black and I believe with an underbarrel rail. I also think I noticed an extended magwell, though why they'd put one on a pistol that will only have 8 shots, max, fired at a time, is completely beyond me. I'm more amused by the fact that the little Latin woman almost had the thing jump out of her hands when she fired her shot. Acora 01:09, 22 February 2012 (CST)
- Whatever it was it was I think it was customised. It seemed to have a lightening cut (or something) on the side of the slide. As for what it is based on my guess would be a Smith & Wesson SW1911 of some sort, as the shape of the rail at the front of the frame matches. Also, M32A1 is a correct name for the grenade launcher as it is the USMC designation wheras Mk 14 mod 0 is the SOCOM dessignation, but they are the same gun. --commando552 08:12, 22 February 2012 (CST)
I have no idea how to edit the page but I'm 99.9% sure that the elimination gun changes to a Kimber Warrior. Puppet.of.fate 01:05, 29 February 2012 (CST)
- Possible but its got that extra slit cut in the slide... --Zackmann08 01:11, 29 February 2012 (CST)
- Scratch my previous statement. It has The Warrior's sights but a custom slide. The grip lacks the ambidextrous safety.Puppet.of.fate 01:25, 29 February 2012 (CST)
Based on the number of slide serrations, full length guide rod, and squared off ends to the rails (opposed to the slightly rounded of the SW1911), I believe this to be a custom Kimber Warrior. This is obviously not a stock pistol, as a fiber optic front sight, a beveled (if not extended) magwell and a compensator cut (?) in the side have been added and the ambi safety has been removed.----JazzBlackBelt-- 20:27, 15 March 2012 (CDT)
- Or it could be based on a Kimber Custom TLE/RL II which would explain the lack of ambi safety. Granted the sights are wrong, but that mould be the least of the modifications to the gun. I don't think they are compensator cuts on the slide, but lightening cuts as they appear to be beneath the centre axis of the barrel. Material also appears to have been machined away from underneath and around the ejection port. Reminds me of the Salient Arms International Glock 34 from the previous season. --commando552 20:47, 15 March 2012 (CDT)
So just an update on unknown 1911. I talked to someone at Salient Arms and they said its not one of theirs but it looks like a custom job that replicated what they do. (See the Glock 24 in Top Shot - Season 3) --Zackmann08 23:16, 20 March 2012 (CDT)
Should the intro guns (guns that the contestants each pick up during the title sequence) be added? A far as I can tell they are as follows: Gary - flintlock rifle, Frank - Winchester 1897, Chris - flintlock blunderbuss, Terry - RPD, Colin - unidentified bolt action, Greg - G3A3, Chee - Sa. Vz. 61 Skorpion, Gabriela - unidentified Winchester lever action, Eric - Mac 10, Keith - double barrelled side by side shotgun, Kyle - Winchester Model 1873, Michelle - StG-44, Augie - Norinco NDM-86, Tim - recurve bow, William - Gewehr 43 Sniper, and Dylan - knife (duh). There are a couple more weapons that nobody picked up, Desert Eagle Mk 1 and a crossbow, assume these were used by those two guys who were eliminated in the first episode before the competition began. --commando552 19:57, 15 March 2012 (CDT)
- I'm going to suggest that we do include them but that we put them in their own category at the bottom of the page, keeping them separate from the guns that are actually used in the show. Thoughts? --Zackmann08 20:10, 15 March 2012 (CDT)
- They are technically in the show, so they should be included. I see no problem adding them with the others, as long as we specify they were only used in the intro. Sometimes pages with extra categories like this can be helpful, but most of the time they are added clutter that makes it more complicated. I say we keep it simple.----JazzBlackBelt-- 20:13, 15 March 2012 (CDT)
Looking at the two pictures, is it possible for the gun to be a Kimber Custom TLE/RL? I'm 30% sure... there is no ambidextrous safety in the picture, much like the TLE, however the tactical rail too short, there is also that hole in the slide. --Mikethepanda 16:14, 28 March 2012 (CDT)
I'll just leave this pic here till next weeks episode. I can't believe they are presenting this thing as a legitimate weapon as opposed to the toy which it clearly is. --commando552 16:31, 13 April 2012 (CDT)
- At least they show that the thing has 1 purpose and one purpose only... blowing the FUCK out of a door. --18:22, 25 April 2012 (CDT)
I haven't updated this page for the last 2 episodes because the HD torrents haven't showed up online yet... --Zackmann08 18:21, 25 April 2012 (CDT)
- Sorry I'm so behind on this page. Been super busy with school. I will try to get it up this weekend. --Zackmann08 11:51, 3 May 2012 (CDT)