Talk:Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Took out gas can
It's not a weapon. It's not even a grenade of any kind, so I took it off. Excalibur01 21:59, 26 June 2011 (CDT)
Apes vs guns
Seriously, my problem with this movie is that they set it in a modern setting where the apes suddenly became smart and I guess demanded to be treated like intelligent beings...so their way to do this is to rise up, make weapons and attack honest cops? Sounds like they aren't so intelligent after all and more like well salvage animals that can write their names and read books. Seriously, the monkeys have sticks and the humans have guns...it's obvious who should win. Excalibur01 21:59, 26 June 2011 (CDT)
- Yeah I don't know about this movie. :\ Anyways, the Unknown Firearm is a MP5 with the new UMP-type stock and a scope. - Mr. Wolf 22:14, 26 June 2011 (CDT)
- Somewhere in the mix of the movie should be a Glock 18C conversion mounted in an EMA Tactical RONI...unless they decided not to use it or the footage in which it was used was cut.
For some reason it really annoys me to see movie SWAT guys with the big "SWAT" printed on the back of their vest...(the new Batman series included, even though the movies are great...) Not to mention these guys even got the American flag on their shoulder backward...--Wildcards 18:10, 8 July 2011 (CDT)
Well we can forgive the universal POLICE or SWAT or FBI logo on vests. I'm still wondering why did they make this reboot like this. How will this really build up to the Planet of the Apes? There aren't enough monkeys and apes in the world to takes us over. Annoy the hell out of us and cause a lot of trouble the first couple weeks but it'll give every gun owner in America an excuse to shoot every ape they see because...they are breaking our shit. Excalibur01 23:44, 10 July 2011 (CDT)
- This movie will FAIL. I mean, don't we have guns, jets, tanks, missiles, and such? - Kenny99 01:20, 15 July 2011 (CDT)
Aren't their vests supposed to say POLICE or SWAT on them --Jd0554 00:06, 11 July 2011 (CDT)JD0554
- Is it me or is the M249 either the heat shield variant with a collapsible stock or a paratrooper variant with a heat shield? - Kenny99 01:09, 15 July 2011 (CDT)
I don't mind the POLICE or FBI tags, but I just can't stand the SWAT tags. Just like agents from FBI HRT will have FBI rather than HRT on their vests, police tactial teams should have POLICE or whatever PD they come from on the vest rather than SWAT... I know it seem a trivia matter, but it just really bothers me...--Wildcards 12:46, 15 July 2011 (CDT)
So how is it that the one guy says that "the flags are on backwards"? They look right to me.--Spades of Columbia 20:16, 14 December 2011 (CST)
- 2nd and 3rd picture in the M4 section, you can see that the stars are on the right rather than the left. The reason this backwards patch exists is that in the US forces the flag is worn with the stars facing forwards regardless of which side it is on, so that it is a patch for the right arm. In this case however they are wearing it one left so it is wrong. --commando552 04:37, 15 December 2011 (CST)
I see...the left arm is what confused me...thanks for the insight.--Spades of Columbia 11:33, 15 December 2011 (CST)
Did any one you actually watch the last few moments? It wasn't the apes that killed off the humans, it was the final version of the drug that both makes humans violently sick, spread it, and die while at the same time spreading around the ability for any apes in the area to become smart. And the last scene showed that the pilot took the virus with him on the plane and spread it. The CDC did announce that any virus that makes it to a major air port could spread any disease around the world in 24 hours. At this point all the guns, air crafts, bombs will mean almost nothing.
- Most of this discussion took place between people who hadn't yet seen the film. Spartan198 (talk) 00:52, 17 February 2013 (EST)
- It's not the end of the movie that bothered me. Frankly an epidemic idea is a bit...modern instead of nuclear war that destroyed the planet. Still it makes James Franco's ending goodbye to the ape a bit horrible as the ape leaves and is responsible for the end of the human race. Anyway, I'm talking about the battle on the bridge. Guns should have made a bigger impact and taken down more apes. Excalibur01 (talk) 01:13, 17 February 2013 (EST)
How believable is the bridge scene?
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I do remember that in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, it looked like the makers went out of their way to give the apes an advantage over the police/soldiers, which didn't impress me (honestly, apes standing pressed shoulder to shoulder in front of a literal firing squad and they don't drop like flies when the shooting starts?). So is the battle between the apes and the police a bit more based in reality?
- I don't know, but for some reason, they can manage to take multiple shots from a 5.56 mm assault rifles and a 7.62 mm machine guns. - Kenny99 23:02, 12 August 2011 (CDT)
- It was a 3-prong attack from the front, below, and above. Spartan198 01:37, 7 December 2011 (CST)
Police Marksman in Helicopter
I saw this film the other day, the police marksman in the helicopter in the bridge scene appeared to be using a scoped G36C, or a G36K with the top rail. I didn't get a good look, but it definitely wasn't an SL8 or a full sized G36. Could someone who got a better look put it into the article?
HK G36K "short" (Kurz) assault rifle; standard version with iron sights and Picatinny rail ? (4 vents, not 2 vents like G36C)... with big tac turrets scope.
What is up with the uniforms?
Who Identified the TAN uniforms as SFPD. They look nothing like SFPD, nor the SF Sheriff dept. Could be CHP but the patches look wrong. I have not seen this film, does anyone know? MoviePropMaster2008 02:27, 7 December 2011 (CST)
- The police are actually SFPD, but the ones on the Golden Gate Bridge in tan uniforms are members of the SFPD Highway Patrol. - Kenny99 23:17, 12 December 2011 (CST)
Can anyone tell if the "M249" is actually a Daewoo K3? The screencap provided isn't good enough for me to tell, but this movie was filmed mostly in British Columbia, and as I pointed out on the K3 page, the armorers over there always use K3s as M249 stand-ins. -MT2008 09:11, 7 December 2011 (CST)
- I think it is a K3. Firstly, the front sight post has a constant taper whereas the M249 sight steps in. Secondly the feed tray design seems to match the K3 (talking about the "ramp" part near the front). The gun also seems to be missing the carry handle that would be on an M249. --commando552 06:53, 13 December 2011 (CST)
Let's treat this scenario as hypothetically factual for a moment
As we all know, the human race today is capable of evils and artificial destruction on a scale never before known on this planet. But at the same time, we're also capable of great compassion and kindness. If we suddenly found ourselves in a situation such as this, where our position on top of the planet's food chain and very survival was threatened by another more dominant species (either terrestrial or extraterrestrial) on the basis of the evils we're capable of, do you believe that our capacity for compassion and kindness enough of an incentive to fight back and attempt to preserve our species in the hopes that we'll one day right the path we're going down today? Spartan198 (talk) 01:22, 17 February 2013 (EST)