- Black's SAW didn't either, same developer. Granted, in Black the belt box is mounted over where the STANAG adaptor would be, but I'd say for now it's a SAW missing the adaptor. Also, is that a TDI Vector at 0:29 and a handheld DShK or something similar at 0:49? Evil Tim 05:08, 10 July 2011 (CDT)
- Just checked: Far Cry 2's doesn't have one either. Seems to be a pretty common omission, probably from developers modelling the gun based on a side-on photograph where it isn't clear there's anything there. Far Cry 1's, it looks like they knew there was something there but they weren't sure what, from consulting a video (I don't have any reloading shots of FC1) there's a sort of triangular thingy there. Evil Tim 05:58, 10 July 2011 (CDT)
- Isn't a SAW without a carry handle and STANAG magazine well an M249 SPW? Also it has shorter barrel than the SAW and a not really perfect retractable buttstock.
- bozitojugg3rn4ut 13:47, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
- Yeah, that does look more like the SPW version. With Black it's just an M249 they've done stuff too (for a start it has no stock at all), and FC2's has a full stock and carry handle, just no STANAG well.Evil Tim 15:11, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
- So, Tim, what will be the final verdict? The image from facebook is definitely the in-game "SAW". In the trailer, at 1:05 the player sprints with the gun and the retractable stock + short barrel can be seen. Yeah, probably they will call it "SAW" or "M249" or something like that, but we don't care about that when we ID guns, right? So I say we should change it to SPW. - bozitojugg3rn4ut 03:50, 14 July 2011 (CDT)
- Yeah, I'm all for calling that an SPW, since it clearly is one. Evil Tim 03:54, 14 July 2011 (CDT)
You sure? That ring of dashes around the outside of the circle looks like a bullets-in-magazine display. Evil Tim 05:32, 10 July 2011 (CDT)
- I saw the trailer a few months ago so maybe I won't remember correctly, but I think those indicate the "experience", or "level" or "style points" or something like that. - bozitojugg3rn4ut 05:50, 10 July 2011 (CDT)
Well, it's not good
But I have a copy, will be capping it soon. Picked it up at the local supermarket for basically nothing (£25 for a new release?), which doesn't exactly show confidence in it. Evil Tim 12:34, 6 September 2011 (CDT)
Ok, ten weapons in the entire game and two look fictional, and doesn't seem to be a sniper rifle or rocket launcher among them. So far, we haven't had the player character's name, the support lady's name, or really any idea what's going on. The skillkill system is halfassed, the scoring system is annoying, levels are too visually busy and just look messy, you have to half-hold the iron sight button or you stand still and lean (!), and you can't pick up enemy weapons. And they're now recycling the first level as the fifth. Evil Tim 18:20, 6 September 2011 (CDT)
- That bad, eh. :D - Mr. Wolf 18:25, 6 September 2011 (CDT)
- The worst part is they try to do some big reveal that you don't know why you're fighting and you didn't question it! Um, nevermind that I think everyone playing the game (both of us) probably did question why, for example, not one single character or group in the game actually has a proper name. Evil Tim 16:57, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
This thingy's called the CQB.45. Looks like a dressed up Desert Eagle, but I'm not great on pistols.
This is what all the shots are going to look like: Bodycount has widescreen bars when you run it through composite / SCART, for some goddamn reason. I might be able to un-squash it in Photoshop, though it's more effort than the game actually deserves. Evil Tim 15:13, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
Better? Evil Tim 15:16, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
- Looks like it's based on the .22 LR Beretta 87FS Target Pistol with the addition of the 92FS' slide mounted safety. Maybe a 87FS Target Pistol/92FS hybrid?
- Mr. Wolf 15:23, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
And what a difference a new capture device makes!
Of course this means I have to screencap MGS4 all over again. :( Evil Tim 08:41, 9 September 2011 (CDT)
- Wow, that is a huge improvment! That really sucks you have to screencap MGS4 all over again. :( - Mr. Wolf 23:14, 9 September 2011 (CDT)
One of these games came out half a decade ago. Can you guess which one? Evil Tim 17:24, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
- Lol, the uglier one. XD - Mr. Wolf 17:31, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
Also, in case you're wondering about the weird phrases and numbers; that's the scoring system. Every time you kill someone in a way the game likes, you get an extra x1 multiplyer. If you ever just kill someone, it wipes your whole multipler out. Problem is, there's nothing like "kill lots of people quickly," so the main linking move is headshots. Meaning anything not good for getting headshots is useless for scoring. This means the instant-kill pistol is actually a pain in the ass, since at least with other weapons you don't lose your entire multiplier for one miss.
Seriously, I refuse to believe anyone said this system actually worked in QA testing. Fun fact; the fictional rifle the Target use and that they heavily promoted the game with is called the Kaluka. I don't know what meaning they went for, but it's the Hawaiinised form of "Claudia." Meaning "The lame one." :D Evil Tim 13:46, 14 September 2011 (CDT)