Talk:Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Photos will be added soon. need to know how first if anybody knows properly
I would like to know where you got your information from.
Same here. Have you seen any videos or promotional photos? Excalibur01 17:47, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Some BTS stuff from random Joe's. http://transformers-3-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/ Shows Epps with a MagPul'd M4 and Glock, and someone with a modified AT4. Though I'm not sure where he's getting his. --Crazycrankle 19:52, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
just look at the saved images i have on this group pls
i also want to say if the guns are wrong just change it or tell me what they are without any hassle ok? moviemaster1993
- You need to realize that these IMFDB members are correct in questioning the legitimacy of any info which is not in the public realm (at least to their knowledge). If you are accessing a pre-release copy or in your case, the production's facebook photo gallery, then IMFDB protocols require that you disclose in the actual page where ANY pre-release info or images came from. They are not hassling you and you need to dial back your attitude a bit. MoviePropMaster2008 20:33, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
IS THE Transformers 3 FACEBOOK account legal?
Ok Moviemaster 1993, be straight with us. Did you have permission from the studio to create an "Official" Transformers 3 Facebook account? Did you also got permission on the images you've uploaded. If not, under copyrights, you cannot post any images that officially below to the studio, publicly open or not. This site rides on the legality of the images we upload under fair use and from released images from Trailers and the DVD/Blu-ray when released officially. We cannot use these images here if the source they are from is not legal. Excalibur01 05:13, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- On Facebook, Moviemaster1993 claims that you can find it on Google and such, but only a few pictures from other websites (Moviemaster1993's images are not from any website I searched) were found. - Kenny99 04:03, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- Well, all the more reason to remove those photos from this site. Excalibur01 14:20, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
oh yeah i would like to point point out that the facebook gallery is mine by the way. i created the group and added all the photos/news reports. 8~)
- Wait, so you just grabbed all these production stills from somewhere else? This isn't an "official" account? Excalibur01 02:16, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Is it just me or is there an M4 lower (pistol grip and mag well) on the bottom of the AT4?--Mandolin 19:39, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
i don't mean now i mean everytime i attempted to add or change anything on a page the amount of hassle that is given by users is not that friendly i was just trying to prevent it from happening again i understand about image/news protocol don't worry lol i would do a smiley face but the colon is a space lol
- They've been doing filming a big battle scene here in chicago and from what i saw, most of the strike team guys have M4s. -Winchester
- Anyone know why Epps has orange stripes on his pants? -24guns
It looks like a set of work coveralls. I'm guessing he needed to blend in, or he said 'Fuck it, I ain't dealing with the fucking robots anymore'. --Crazycrankle 04:31, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Another thing to note is that when I checked the Facebook page, Liam's unofficial Transformers 3 image gallery was gone. Most likely, someone took it down for the obvious copyright reasons. - Kenny99 22:09, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I am pretty sure that the ACR that Major Lennox (Josh Duhamel) has an extended upper rail, which is odd since the rail is directly integrated into the upper receiver. Now I haven't handled an ACR myself, but from what images I have seen of them, the rail would be shorter than the one shown in the stills. Is it just me? Or am I actually right on this?--1SAZ 05:35, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
The ACR is meant to be a very modular system like the AR-15 design. It has many barrel lengths and rail lengths, so this is a longer variant. And since this is supposed to be the military variant, then it's made by Remington, but we really can't tell since the only different between the Remington and the Bushmaster ACR is that the Remington fires full auto for the military and the Bushmaster is the exact same weapon but semi auto Excalibur01 05:59, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I did know that Remington and Bushmaster produce the ACR, but I still haven't found an example of a lengthened rail upper. If someone did know where to find an example of such, I'd love to see it. Till then, I'll keep looking.--1SAZ 06:06, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- You won't find an example of an extended forend out there. They were made just for the show. -Phoenixent
Well the Entry carbine is the only one so far with the side rails, but it is possible these are unreleased longer type rail forends. Also the fore end is NOT integrated with the rest of the receiver. Excalibur01 06:53, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- I had the very first production one in my hands and they were made at a non-weapons related shop. The prototype was designed by the shows gunsmith. Also the ACR's have 14.5 inch barrels with an oversize muzzle extension. -Phoenixent
If you look at Sgt. Epps' tac-vest, he has a full size Glock pistol in a holster. - Gunmaster45
That's what I put down, but it's a bit hard to tell which variant. Also, I don't know why I am doing all the hard work of getting the format and spelling and terms right for this page. It feel like I'm cleaning up someone's spill Excalibur01 06:21, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Just thought I'd put it out there but when I saw pics of Epps on set he had two pistols holstered on him, now it might look all tacti-cool but whats the point of having two handguns on you when the only thing that causes real damage to them is HE weapons. Maybe me just looking into it a bit much.
To be fair, if he isn't dual wielding handguns, it is find to have more than one handgun holstered on you. Some cops actually holster a backup gun on their belts that's a little hidden Excalibur01 05:14, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
Yeh but you'd think he'd have extra grenades instead of an extra pistol which would be useless against an armoured mechanical being.
Lennox is Soap
For some reason, Lennox's new hair style is reminding me of Soap MacTavish in Modern Warfare 2 Excalibur01 06:29, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I'm not buying it. It doesn't look anything like Soap's 'hawk. The Wierd It 07:56, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Ok, he has nothing on Soap's hawk. Excalibur01 14:01, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Nope, Lennox ain't got squat on the Soaphawk. Spartan198 06:30, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
Magpul products galore
Pmags both in 5.56 and 7.62, the ACR, and the Angled Foregrip are the things I've spotted from Magpul so far. How much am I going to bet the foregrip on Epps' M4 and their rifle slings are made by Magpul as well? Excalibur01 06:48, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I agree with you, there is some serious Magpul product placement in this movie. But my quick identification on Epps' foregrip is Tango Down model. I forget the exact one. Also, you forgot to note the CTR stock and the MIAD on Epps' rifle, as well as the BUIS on pretty much all the rifles. But is Magpul product placement really a bad thing? --1SAZ 06:57, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I did mention the CTR stock in another section. Also no, I LOVE Magpul products. This is awesome! Excalibur01 07:08, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I'm glad we can agree on that. Magpul is just brilliant for quality and appearance (which in movies, always matters). I must say, from what I'm seeing so far, I'm going to like this movie just a bit more than the first two. Definitely more than the second, since it will have weapons that aren't too sci-fi. Of course, there's nothing wrong with sci-fi guns, but I like to see realistic weapons in the hands of the guys that are supposed to be playing military officers. And the "M4"s in Transformers 2 just looked a little weird. Cool, but weird. --1SAZ 07:16, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I'm kinda hoping for a cameo by Travis Haley and/or Chris Costa. Why? Just because. --Crazycrankle 07:45, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Would be awesome though. I can see the Magpul commercials now "Magpul. The offical gear to combat giant robots." Excalibur01 07:52, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
"Efficiency, Consistency, and Giant freaking Robots" Excalibur01 14:26, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Saw some behind the scenes footage of the gun fights and they were actually holding the rifles utilizing the Magpul Angled Foregrip. There is a moment where Shia Labouf's character takes his girlfriend and hides behind a bus stand. You know, the very thin later of glass and metal. I'm sure that's going to protect you from the giant robot shooting at you Excalibur01 05:27, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Question for Steve
Do the NEST "Chainguns" from the first two films reappear in the third? You know the guns on the FAst Attack Vehicles in the first film and on the Hummer H3 in the second film.Rockwolf66 04:19, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- I did not see them when I was there prepping the cars. But that is not to stay they won't show up. -Steve 21:21, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Behind the Scenes Image
Just found this behind-the-scenes image of a group of actors on the set of the film in Chicago. The one on the middle-left appears to be carrying some variant of the SAW with an EOTech red dot while the one on the middle-right has an unidentified rifle or carbine that appears to have an FN EGLM mounted on it.
Orca1 9904 12:19, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
Too bad we can't put that on the site Excalibur01 15:35, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
I feel sorry for those guys
When they were filming here in Chicago, it was record breaking heat and heres all theses guys wearing completely black tactical gear, running around, and doing stunts, etc. The scenes gotta be awesome, though/ -Winn
N.E.S.T. = Task Force 141?
So I just looked at the Facebook gallery for myself (surprisingly, the studios have not taken it down yet), and I swear, Michael Bay must have played Modern Warfare 2 at some point, because all the soldier characters like Epps and Lennox, and everyone else in those photos are starting to remind me of Task Force 141. Seriously, all they'd need is some TF 141 patches, and flag patches showing which country they come from, and voila! You have an unofficial on-screen representation of Task Force 141!
Now all they need is several British soldiers, including a guy with a skull-patterned balaclava named Ghost. :) --ThatoneguyJosh 08:02, 24 April 2011 (CDT)
The N.E.S.T team patch looks like the TF141 patch. I remember seeing it on the wall in the N.E.S.T headquarters. --cool-breeze 16:52, 7 July 2011 (CDT)
Take a look at the shot of the NEST soldiers in SCUBA. If you look closely, the one in the background in front of the boat has an underbarrel attachment on his M4 that looks like it could be an M203. Spartan198 21:24, 9 June 2011 (CDT)
Just saw the film, Epps doesn't carry an M4 it's a Mk18mod0 due to the barrel length --Captain Snikt 22:38, 28 June 2011 (CDT)
- If you look at the design of the forward assist in the screencap from the trailer, you can see that this isn't a colt weapon. From this and the flash hider, I think it is a Noveske 10.5" CQB. --commando552 10:31, 5 September 2011 (CDT)
I have just looked at the facebook group and theres nothing wromg with it, it all is legal (mostly because its facebook), they are just pictures someones added by getting them off different websites even done murphy is apart of the group, there is nothing wrong seems like you bullied this person to remove the photos even though there was nothing wrong ..... well done :( (exaggeration) (Added by User:Grimbo)
Well Grimbo, Just because something is on facebook does not mean that it's legal. We have rules on this site to cover our collective ass studio wise. We have had to remove things because the studio's who produce these films said so. Moviemaster not only had photographs of questionable origin but he had an attitude alot like yours...bad. Some of us are happy to see him gone. That being said sign your posts for as long as you post here. Rockwolf66 21:32, 5 July 2011 (CDT)
- Being on facebook makes copyright violation suddenly LEGAL? hahahah! I'm sure a ton of studio lawyers will LOVE that defense. Also the attitude and poor spelling leads me to believe that Grimbo is not whom he claims to be. MoviePropMaster2008 15:06, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
I just saw the film, and I noted this on the main page, but I swear I saw some Magpul Masadas/ACR Entry Carbines, or at the very least something with a very similar profile, used by some background extras and random soldiers. Can anyone else verify this? MrOshimida27 23:16, 5 July 2011 (CDT)
This page sucks
So much for rules, standards and principals.Jd0554
- Which you are violating with your conduct here. Rockwolf66
- If you feel there is something wrong with the page do something about it rather than insult people. There is absolutely no need for that comment. --cool-breeze 02:29, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
Some actual screen shots would be nice--Jd0554 03:22, 13 July 2011 (CDT)jd0554
- The film hasn't been released to DVD/BluRay. What is your problem?! You WANT us to use bootleg/illegal images? MoviePropMaster2008 15:08, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
"Thousand of viewers come to this site to check on weapons for a specific movie (or other visual media), and if they stumble on a terrible or lame page, that will reflect poorly on IMFDB as a whole." This is a terrible or lame page--Jd0554 03:22, 13 July 2011 (CDT)jd0554
How about there are some screenshots only what is legal though. If you don't like the rules and policies of this site why don't you go and set up your own site then? --cool-breeze 04:43, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
Ha ok way to take the easy way out on that one.--Jd0554 07:13, 13 July 2011 (CDT)jd0554
What is your problem? All you seem to be doing is trying to cause fuss. --cool-breeze 10:26, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
- Not to keep harping on the 'meanness' but what is up with this page and all the people with attitude? Bah. StanTheMan 17:29, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
- I think it may not be "people" so much as "person." Evil Tim 17:32, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
- Well, since it's probably the same guy as before, indeed one person. Still, I just note it because it seems only a handful of pages attract nutjob assholes. Just some of them... It makes me wonder... ;P StanTheMan 17:39, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
Well if you ever go on the Transformers: Dark Of The Moon IMDb page there's some serious nutjobs on there. You can say anything without someone jumping on you can calling you a troll. --cool-breeze 06:35, 14 July 2011 (CDT)
Bring back the production stills and behind the scenes screen caps?
Now that the movie is out, is it alright to bring back the production stills and behind the scenes shots that were removed? Excalibur01 22:55, 31 July 2011 (CDT)
- Uh, so now that the film is out in theaters makes the questionable images okay? Huh? Those were paparazzi style shots that were NOT released by the studio as far as I know. Any officially released production still is kosher, but those images were NOT officially released stills. How has their status changed? It has not.MoviePropMaster2008 23:46, 31 July 2011 (CDT)
- Ok. Looks like we have to wait until the DVD is out to post back the unofficial images. - Kenny99 13:45, 4 September 2011 (CDT)
On the Michael Bay Website there is a gallery of official behind the scenes photos that were taken by Robert Zuckerman. A few different guns can be seen in them, and would imagine these count as officially released photos. --commando552 04:38, 5 September 2011 (CDT)
- As long as we credit the Michael Bay website and put a link somewhere in the caption description, it should be okay. MoviePropMaster2008 13:41, 5 September 2011 (CDT)
- Have uploaded the shots with guns in, will leave it to someone who has seen the film to ID and sort them though. --commando552 04:54, 5 September 2011 (CDT)
Am I the only one who thinks this picture looks a bit odd due to everyone being mid air in it?
It looks so weird to me lol. --cool-breeze 03:43, 8 September 2011 (CDT)
Mk. 46 Misconception
Whoever posted that the dressed up machine guns used by NEST are Mk. 46's, they are WRONG. They are Mk. 48's. It only makes sense; the Mk. 48 is NEST's general purpose MG, while the M249 Para is used as a light machine gun. Even by looking at the guns, you can tell they're Mk. 48's; the bottom rails are shorter, they have the mounting lug, it had a reciever handle, and the barrel is longer than the Mk. 46's (it's not a supressor, it's a hollywood shell built around it). So please, change the name of this gun for both Dark of the Moon, and Revenge of the Fallen.
- Just to let you know, friend, the current production Mark 46 Mod 1 does actually have a carry handle. But, yeah, the rest of the differences with the exception of barrel length (a longer barrel could easily be substituted) are correct. I'm unsure of how common Mark 48s are in movie armories, though. I know most "Mark 46s" are in reality just dressed up M249 Paras or K3s, since there aren't many actual Mark 46s in movie armories. The only movie I know of that had an *actual* Mark 46 was xXx: State of the Union. Spartan198 16:32, 27 February 2012 (CST)
I just updated the page a little. I listed these as M16A4s, but they look more like Epps' Mk 18 Mod 1. Anybody wanna confirm? --Warejaws 17:11, 11 October 2011 (CDT)
- How could they be M16A4s if they have short barrels and retractable stocks? They look like Noveske Rifleworks Diplomats with ACOGs, AN/PEQ-15 laser designators, vertical foregrips, and Magpul stocks.
- - Mr. Wolf 17:46, 11 October 2011 (CDT)
They are a 10.5" barrelled Noveske, not the 7" Diplomat. The gun on the left is an M4 I think, but not 100% (Noveskes have a different forward assist). Also on the main page the NEST soldier with the rebreather that is labelled as carrying an M16A4 is actually carrying LaRue Tactical OSR (I think anyway, 19 round holes along the bottom, correct rails, same fake suppressor and telescopic sight). I think the only M16A4s are those carried by the regular soldiers (guys wearing UCP). --commando552 18:20, 11 October 2011 (CDT)
Also, I think that rather than LaRue Tactical OSR the rifles are LaRue Tactical Stealth OBRs. Don't know if this is actually a different rifle or just the current name for it, but the rifle in the movie is a very good match for the one on the website. In some shots you can see the rectangular block attached to the CTR stock. --commando552 18:47, 11 October 2011 (CDT)
I agree with Mr. Wolf. They strongly resemble a Noveske Rifleworks Diplomat.--Gunner5
When Mearing pulls out a pistol and puts it on her desk, anyone get a good look at it? I think that it is a Smith & Wesson Ladysmith, but i'm not 100% sure.
Unknown sniper rifle
In the above behind the scenes image, you can see the front end of what I would guess is a bolt action sniper rifle of some sort being carried by a soldier behind and to the left of Lennox. Is this ever actually seen in the film, and does anyone have any ideas what it could be? --commando552 05:53, 14 December 2011 (CST)
Thought i would point this out because it's pretty cool. If you notice on Blackout's tail at the beginning of the First Transformers movie, it is marked "4500x". In this movie when Sam is in the "N-E-S-T" base with the alien watch on, you will notice that the learjet behind him has the exact same tail identification of "4500x"... Just thought that that would be interesting.
- That's because that's the real tail number of Michael Bay's Gulfstream IV, which is presumably the aircraft used for filming the scene.The Wierd It 18:44, 18 March 2012 (CDT)
Dillon Aero and GE M134 miniguns?
How can I tell GE M134s apart from Dillon Aeros? Because they both look the same and their both miniguns. I'm just completely mixed up (puzzled giggle)! Cause in Terminator 2, a GE M134 is used. In 2011 The Green Hornet, a Dillon Aero is used. But in Transformers 2, a GE M134 is used with a flash supressor of a Dillon Aero! And in Transformers 3, a Dillon Aero is used with GE M134 barrel clamps as shown in the images below. Help, please?
- One of the main reasons we know so much about the specific Miniguns is that we have talked with the men who have worked on the films in question. In some cases we have gotten details from the people who built the rigs the miniguns are mounted in. Steve Karnes built most of the manpack miniguns seen in films. Outside of Terminator 2 he has worked on all of the Miniguns you have shown. Rockwolf66 (talk) 02:00, 21 November 2012 (EST)
Sometimes in films or real life, I see a minigun/machine gun/SMG is able to shoot/fire these "coloured bullets". I can't seem to make out the word on this type of ammo. SWATs don't use "coloured bullets" when taking on crooks, but in war, they do. E.G, in the movie TF: DOTM, the Wreckers' machine guns/miniguns are able to fire rounds that are visible to the naked eye (which I call "coloured bullets", because they appear in the colour orange). And in 2011 The Green Hornet, a Dillon Aero fired orange rounds at night. But sometimes, a minigun/machine gun dosen't fire the "coloured bullets" that I mentioned. Any help please?--Gunnerboy (talk) 13:06, 22 December 2012 (EST)
- Those are tracers, which are bullets with a bit of phosphorus in them. Machine gunners use them to show where their fire is going. They're much more visible in miniguns because miniguns fire that much quicker. --Funkychinaman (talk) 13:16, 22 December 2012 (EST)
- Also in real life you don not fire only tracers, but rather mix the tracers in with standard rounds. With machine guns this ratio is 1 in every 5 rounds, but on high rate of fire weapons like miniguns you need fewer tracers to get the same benefit, so it will be more like 1 in 10. However in movies they tend to depict these weapons as firing all tracer, because that looks better. --commando552 (talk) 13:29, 22 December 2012 (EST)
Ben41, I'm 16 years old and the reason is, I'm still learning and also researching deeper into firearm characteristics. Plus, I'm very busy studying for school tests. Finally, I have the flu and I'm kind of forgetting things right now. Sorry about that.--Gunnerboy (talk) 03:40, 23 December 2012 (EST)