Talk:Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
It's a bit silly categorizing weapons by side, because some of the weapons are used by two or more sides or don't specifically have a 'side'. Anyone mind if I categorize them by type instead? --MattyDienhoff 06:27, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- Finally! A game where I can use my favorite revolver in the world-S&Wshooter 02:46, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Shouldn't the AKS-74U be a AKMSU because it has a 7.62x39mm magazine, metalic finish, and an underfolding stock? User:AK-74Fan 13:31, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
Orca1 9904 05:15, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, the only difference is the one in the game also has the downward-angled stock.
- My theory is they modeled the AK-47, and then, to save time, they just re-skinned it and added a muzzle brake to make an AK-74. --MattyDienhoff 11:39, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
Good job, guys.
Page looks nice.-protoAuthor 22:09, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
Question about template
Hi, Awesome page that you have here.
Love the layout, do you mind posting where you brought the design from?
All the best CrogBromy
- Thanks! If you mean the way the weapons are categorized, I did that from scratch. --MattyDienhoff 09:56, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
Arma: Cold War Assault
As of recently, original Operation Flashpoint became known as Arma: Cold War Assault (complete with a new box art and is now part of BIS' own Arma franchise instead of CM's Operation Flashpoint franchise that includes, developed by CM, Dragon Rising and Red River.
Which begs the question: should we move the page to Arma: Cold War Assault (which is also version 1.99 that anyone can update their existing Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis to) or leave it as it was originally released.
Personally, I'm leaning towards the moving option since BIS got the rights to this game back and this is how it called now, complete with the latest update to the original version. --Masterius 14:42, 15 August 2011 (CDT)
- Even though BIS chose to rename the game, I think it's better for articles about it (like this one) to retain the original title. This is a game that's been on the market for 10 years. In the minds of everyone who has known it for so long, it is and always will be 'Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis'. That association doesn't just go away. Anyway, it's pretty obvious they only renamed it for legal reasons, since they no longer own the 'Operation Flashpoint' name. I say we stick with 'Operation Flashpoint' and mention the renaming as a note like the Wikipedia article on the game does (at the time of writing). --MattyDienhoff 15:31, 15 August 2011 (CDT)
- We could have "Arma: Cold War Assault" redirect to this page, and make a note in the article that there's been a name change by the devs. --HashiriyaR32 15:56, 15 August 2011 (CDT)
Do we need more screenshots? It looks like we could use some more on the pistol side, and while going through Steam I noticed I had a copy of Operation Flashpoint ( well, ArmA: Cold War Assault ). I could take some screenshots and post 'em here if anyone wants. -SeptemberJack (talk) 21:13, 27 February 2017 (EST)
P.S. I don't know how I forgot a game that has a whole lot of hours played....
- Sure! That'd be appreciated. :) --MattyDienhoff (talk) 04:39, 28 February 2017 (EST)
- Neat. I'll get to doing those this weekend, expect it to be formatted by Monday. -SeptemberJack (talk) 20:02, 28 February 2017 (EST)
I think the machine pistol in the game is actually a MAC 11, and not a MAC 10. I have a real life replica of a MAC 11, the 9mm version of the famous MAC 10, and it features a much slimmer body... Just like the one in game.