Talk:Cry of Fear
Alright, so I'm taking a short break from the editing to ask for some assistance. First off, could somebody help with writing a summery of the game? I am officially awful at writing summaries for anything so i could do with some help. Here is the game's website and its summery of the game. Secondly, the only good image of the cover art for this game that i've found so far is 960x960, will that really work? Third, The MP9. The only way to use that weapon is if you donated cash during the game's development. That is obviously over and since i didn't donate any money i have no way to get good screens of this gun, anyone know any way to get pics of it?--AnActualAK47 (talk) 14:44, 21 July 2016 (EDT)
Also, here is a complete list of the guns in the game.
Glock 17. VP70. P345. Some snub-nosed Taurus revolver with a five-shot .357 cylinder. Hi-Power. MP9. M870. SMLE Mk.4. G43. M16 (might be an A2). FAMAS.
- You can look on youtube for a video of the MP9 and get a cap from there. --Funkychinaman (talk) 15:07, 21 July 2016 (EDT)
- Screencapping youtube videos that aren't mine doesn't seem very... legit so to speak, and the image quality is crap.--AnActualAK47 (talk) 15:31, 21 July 2016 (EDT)
Well that was quicker than i expected. The page could use a better description, fleshed out overview, an actual image of the cover art and some other small stuff. The only screenshots lacking right now are of the Taurus revolver, Famas, G43 and MP9. Gonna see what i can do about those.--AnActualAK47 (talk) 17:25, 21 July 2016 (EDT)
- The M16A2 is not modeled from an actual A2 gun but rather a civvie gun (Clearly one from Stag Arms given the markings) due to the clear showing of 'FIRE' on the selector (FIRE being the only fire mode, for semiautomatic only - Real A2s have 'SEMI' there), looks like they just tacked 'BURST' on there. Another indicator this is a civvie gun is the 'post-ban' bayonet lug delete. Also, if there is no info whatsoever on the Taurus revolver it might be better to just omit that section for the time being. StanTheMan (talk) 02:48, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
- As a matter of fact the rifle is called Stag Arms AR-15, but i thought that was just some made up name, guess not. As for the revolver, i'll ad some pics.--AnActualAK47 (talk) 09:56, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
Stag Arms is indeed an actual company. Anyway, if that's what it's called in-game, then I believe the listing should be "Stag Arms AR-15" with "mocked up as M16A2" in parentheses - Ex. "Stag Arms AR-15 (mocked up as M16A2)", with the writeup text noting it is a commercial rifle with incorrect burst option added on to pass for an actual A2. As for the revolver, didn't catch you mentioned the caliber and capacity, bah. Anyway, the Taurus Model 605 is a stainless snub nose with 5 round capacity and .357 Magnum chambering. StanTheMan (talk) 17:00, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
- Alright, thanks for the help!--AnActualAK47 (talk) 17:25, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
- BTW, should i keep the image of the M16A2 or find some image of an Stag Arms AR?--AnActualAK47 (talk) 17:26, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
On the subject of the Taurus revolver, looking up that serial number got me a Model 85. That's only .38 Special rather than .357, but everything else about it looks pretty close to the ingame weapon from what I can find, and it wouldn't be the only fudging they've done with real stats, like the Glock and SMLE's reduced capacities. Kadorhal (talk) 17:33, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
- Interesting, could you put that info on the weapon's page entry?--AnActualAK47 (talk) 17:50, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
BREAKING NEWS! Seems like i've missed three weapons! While they may not require an entry, there are two cut weapons, a M/45 and a PT92 (or maybe a 92FS) and also a modders-only weapon, an MP5. Gonna get to adding them to the page.--AnActualAK47 (talk) 21:46, 22 July 2016 (EDT)
- I'd only add the cut guns if they are still in game files and/or images can be got of them. StanTheMan (talk) 03:09, 23 July 2016 (EDT)